Wednesday, January 26, 2011

M & M's with a pretzel on the inside, I don't get it.



Having never touched a package of m & m pretzel candies, I can honestly say I don't get it.

Is there one big pretzel inside the package covered with an m & m coating, or, are there small m & m's with an even smaller pretzel inside each one?

I'm assuming there is one big pretzel with a huge m & m coating, but I'm really not sure. It seems to me that the whole commercial concept is backwards.

It seems to me that the pretzel doesn't want to get an m & m overcoating, rather than an m & m worried about getting violated by a pretzel.

Dare I touch an m & m package the next time I am in a grocery store line so I can learn? You'd think the commercial would be more clear. Even the end voiceover is not clear in my opinion.

If you leave a comment, please state whether you were able to figure out what the heck m & m pretzels are BEFORE you either saw, felt or opened a package. If I am not alone in my assertion that the m & m pretzel commercial is confusing, than m & m being such a well known brand has dropped the ball big time, because I think people think they know, when they really don't know.


If you are planning on creating or broadcasting a commercial and want an objective, outsiders point of view about your commercial, contact Alessandro Machi about his consulting services at...
info at alexlogic.com
You can also view more
commercial critiques
by Alessandro Machi at

No comments:

Add Any