Saturday, January 1, 2011

Alex LOGIC predicts the Water Cooler Show of 2011 will be My Strange Addiction.

My Strange Addiction appears to be the kind of reality based television show that should have come out 10 years ago. Since this show is 10 years too late,
we should get an even odder dose of strange addictions
. AlexLOGIC is predicting on January 1st, 2011 that My Strange Addiction will probably earn the distinction of "Water Cooler show of 2011".

The My Strange Addiction promos that caught my eye were the toilet paper eating addiction, (I assume the clean variety. Please, let it be the clean variety), and the other strange addiction that grabbed me even more was the "Strange Addiction to Ventriloquism", comprised of a person who is addicted to speaking through her hand puppets.

What an interesting friend to have, somebody who just talks through their hand puppet all the time. Of course this would certainly create a complicated friendship and a friendship that would
be a pretty clear hit or miss.
I hope the ventriloquism segment spends as much time on her friends as it does on her. I wonder how different hanging around with a perpetual ventriloquist would be versus hanging around with someone who keeps a parrot on their shoulder at all times.


I wonder if the character of Robert Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond and his "habit" of touching his food to his chin before each bite was the inspiration for My Strange Addiction.

If you are planning on creating or broadcasting a commercial and want an objective, outsiders point of view about your commercial, contact Alessandro Machi about his consulting services at...
info at alexlogic.com
You can also view more
commercial critiques
by Alessandro Machi at

No comments:

Add Any