Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Quicken Loans owner Dan Gilbert almost comes up with the perfect sixty four team NCAA billion dollar bracket contest, almost.


Besides one billion dollars to the person who picks all 64 NCAA's team's tournament destiny, twenty $100,000 awards will go to the next 20 best predictors, and perhaps most importantly, a million dollars will be donated to Cleveland and Detroit inner city educational non-profit organizations.

What I find wanting is the golden opportunity that has been missed with this contest. This was a chance for the 1% to offer a 1% of 1 billion dollars (10 million) to the person with a perfect bracket, and the other 99% (990 million dollars) for non-profits to be determined by the perfect bracket 10 million dollar winner.

Does anyone really think that less people would enter this contest if they could only win 10 million dollars instead of a billion. If we think about this for a moment, would not the lure to give away the other 990 million dollars to non-profits of their choice be just as great as winning one billion dollars for oneself? I don't think there would be any less participation if the contest had been configured to give 990 million to non-profits and 10 million to the perfect bracket winner.

A chance to let the average person dream about how they would change the world for the better has been lost, and instead we just have a billion dollar prize that most likely will be won by nobody  while reinforcing the me first mentality that is already far to prevalent in today's society.


If you are planning on creating or broadcasting a commercial and want an objective, outsiders point of view about your commercial, contact Alessandro Machi about his consulting services at...
info at alexlogic.com
You can also view more
commercial critiques
by Alessandro Machi at

No comments:

Share Gadget

Improve your producing skills, Los Angeles area.
One on One Film, Video, Audio and Lighting Classes
in the West San Fernando Valley.


Is the McDonalds Mint Shamrock Shake Commercial Demeaning to Women?
  
pollcode.com free polls